Monday, May 16, 2016

Love and Religion

Yesterday I met my friend with her father, he had come to visit and went to church with her. It melted my heart so much so that I started to get emotional simply because the father belongs to another church but said he came in support of his daughter. In that instance, this loving father restored my hope in humanity. Looking over my own life and the things I have gone through because of religion. How families have been broken all in the name of " I don't approve of the church you go to nowadays" is very heartbreaking. People are so obsessed with following what their religion says as opposed to doing what's right. I believe love should be our anthem not doctrine. Love is inbuilt, we all have it within us and is the only way to whichever heaven you believe in. I believe everyone should be left to worship what they are convinced keeps them sane. The whole purpose of having something to believe in is to feel a sense of belonging and the comfort that comes with transferring  responsibility to another higher power than oneself(whichever name he bears in your context). Since we are all different, we can't find these things in one place. Consequently some will choose  to divert from the common hence become believers of "nothing". But that should not worry you. For we both know that it all comes down to love for one another. I personally no longer  care what religion the people in my life belong to, I love them and  will forever include them in the things that matter to me regardless of how they are dressed or which "holy book" they are carrying. For me its been a journey of unlearning and going back to the basics. Love is and will always be my religion.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so true and inspiring. So my families and relationships have broken in the name religious differences. We have ended up forsaking the basis for every religion or denomination, which is Love. Though the society is so important in shaping and guiding us through life, but we should accept that everyone's got choices as far as they are justifiable. We are just different and that's what makes us unique!

Anonymous said...

Some churches force tradition as opposed to the word of God, the bible says the biggest law is the law of love, love covers it all. But these days at the traditional churches you find judgement and discrimination is their law!

Unknown said...

I am glad you are back....settled uncertainty. I really missed you on this blog.

Unknown said...

Someone in an orientation class I held said, "Whatever we do as long as it comes out of love is fine". I used a father and son example to help him see the impact of love. If a father takes out a belt and punishes his son and claims he is motivated by love and that the very act is a demonstration of love from his part, the son may not experience the act as love. He may experience it as violent and traumatic and perhaps even hateful. So love as a motive does not always translate to peaceful acts and respectful acts towards others. When people tease or judge others for being different they may view it as an act of love for corrective purposes but the execution is counterintuitive. Love has to be collaborative and consultative and respectful. There is a saying that says, "A road to hell is paved with good intentions". It can't just be the thought that counts. Experts who calculate vibrations of emotions have found that gratitude has a higher vibration than love and that peace is even much higher that all. Thank you for a provocative topic.

Unknown said...

Someone in an orientation class I held said, "Whatever we do as long as it comes out of love is fine". I used a father and son example to help him see the impact of love. If a father takes out a belt and punishes his son and claims he is motivated by love and that the very act is a demonstration of love from his part, the son may not experience the act as love. He may experience it as violent and traumatic and perhaps even hateful. So love as a motive does not always translate to peaceful acts and respectful acts towards others. When people tease or judge others for being different they may view it as an act of love for corrective purposes but the execution is counterintuitive. Love has to be collaborative and consultative and respectful. There is a saying that says, "A road to hell is paved with good intentions". It can't just be the thought that counts. Experts who calculate vibrations of emotions have found that gratitude has a higher vibration than love and that peace is even much higher that all. Thank you for a provocative topic.

Sana said...

I never thought of it in that regard. I need to get hold of what you are reading. I love new perspectives. Now that I think about,it's religion that has accustomed our minds in believing "love is the greatest of them all" please do share

Sana said...

I'm happy to be back too,now we can continue sharing about this puzzle called life. Putting pieces together,one at a time

Sana said...

The unfortunate part is that they do not know the difference between traditions and God's truth which in my perspective is love,love,love,love all the way

Sana said...

The thing about choices is that you don't need to prove that they are justifiable for you to love the individual who made them.

nissily said...

What we conceive of GOD should be of daily if not hourly guidance to us.. Taking religion and GOD out of the sphere of belief into that of our daily life...