As
I look back upon my life I imagine what it would be like to have my biological
father still alive. For so many years I tried to remember just one moment with
him even if it was just a glimpse of his face but to no avail. He passed on
when I was three years old, so I guess that explains why I can't remember
anything. I know a lot of people with a similar story. They forever imagine
what it would be like to have a father. Unfortunately, we can never turn back
the clock of time, so we must move forward. We are all consoled with the fact
that we have a heavenly father in whom we place our trust in. God deliberately
reviled himself as our father to show us how significant that relationship is.
By allowing someone on earth to be our earthly father, he has created an
opportunity for that individual to be all that he is in earthly form to the
ones who call him father. God has made himself the greatest example of what
fatherhood really requires. Our society has conditioned us to believe that
being fatherless implies having no living father. Sadly, most families suffer
the absence of a father not because he is dead or lives away from the family
but he is simply not interested in the affairs of the home and the children's
upbringing. With the increasing demand for financial stability in a country
where most families lack even the most basic needs, men have shifted their
focus to making ends meet to the point that there is little or no time left to
develop a meaningful relationship with their children. For instance, a child is
sent to the most expensive school in town but the father has never seen his
son's school work, even once. I believe fatherhood is beyond being a provider.
It is about showing our boys what it means to be a man and treating our little
girls as the princesses that they are. It's about commitment and love towards
the mother of your children, respect for family time and creation of beautiful
childhood memories. Every child deserves beautiful childhood memories with
their father. My dear friend once told me that the best gift a parent would
ever give to their children is to watch them love their spouse. With fathers
who refuse to come home early for family time and have numerous excuses on why
they can't be there for their child, we are giving birth to a generation
whose boys have no idea what being a father truly looks like let alone
what being a man is all about. Our girls have never been privileged to be
pampered and called beautiful by their father and have no basis to know what
they are truly worth and will continuously settle for less than what they
deserve. Growing up I had the privilege of having an earthly father, my uncle
who made me feel like his own daughter, encouraged me, disciplined me, provided
for me and made me feel special. He was a very kind and generous man; he took
care of a lot of other people's children. It takes a strong man to take care of
his children but it
takes a stronger man to take care of another man's child, like his own no
matter the circumstances the child lands into his life.
3 comments:
Typical of today's real life situation
I can relate to this
Nowadays fathers are faced with a lot of peer pressure in order to stand out and be counted , hence have little or no time at all for the home early childhood development rather than providing for the same. Life changes will what's up you what life is like today soon
Post a Comment