The
past few days have been amazing, sweet memorable moments. However, as I begin
to write a recount of my most recent endeavor, my heart is filled with joy and
my eyes with tears. As I travel back on this road at least 4hours away from my
home, I’m taken aback by how much these days have flown by. I embarked on a
journey to see my two mums, yes you heard me right, my two mums. I am so
blessed to have two incredible women, call me their very own daughter. One is
my biological mother and the other raised me from the age of two. They are both
my mothers. For many Years I tried to answer the question who is your real
mother both from others and within me. It was a dark time of self- discovery
and mostly denial for the complexity of this situation. I for a long time tried
to create an equal relationship with both. I must say that proved impossible as
you might have already guessed. Now that I'm 26 and ready to have my own kids,
I have made peace with myself. I know everyone has their own opinions on who is
deserving of being called my mother. I have come to terms with the fact that I
will never have an equal relationship with both. I have made peace with loving
these women with all the love I have inside me. I have discovered that it is a
beautiful blessing to have two mothers and especially to have both alive at
this age is a humbling gift. So this weekend was spent with my dear mother (the
one who raised me). She is a true example of what true sacrifice and faith in
God looks like. She has taught me about love, sacrifice, commitment and faith
like no other I have seen. My mother had a stroke 9 years ago that has left her
on a wheelchair for all these years. It has been hard for me to keep my eyes on
Jesus when I have prayed every night for her healing and the heavens stayed
deeply silent. I always asked God why he would let her suffer like this after
all she has done for him. But surprisingly God has blessed her with So much
more than people who think are better off than her will ever comprehend, Joy.
Every time, I spend some time with her I’m never the same. She is genuinely
interested in what's going on in my life, always asking me about work. She
always says "Ndikuthokoza mulungu akundisunga "I thank God for
keeping me". She has never complained or shown any resentment. God has
given her deep peace and joy like no other. When I spend time with her, I
remind her of the happy stories that happened during my childhood. Memories of
my childhood Would never be the same without her in the picture. I thank
God for her. She gives me strength to carry on. She is my No1 fun and I will
always be her little baby.
5 comments:
It feels good to have those people who love you and always have your back, more important spiritually.hold on to them no matter what
It feels good to have those people who love you and always have your back, more important spiritually.hold on to them no matter what
thats true Fred
Indeed, in this there are signs enough for the wise. May the name of God be glorified. But I did hear much about your biological mother and how she's proud if you
That will come in the near future,keep checking for new posts
Post a Comment