Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Self- love

Over the years I have learnt to enjoy my own company. I go to places I love, order my favorite meal, drink lemonade and enjoy the background music. I love great company but I can be alone too and have fun. You see, love is a beautiful thing but it can never really be complete if you have not embraced who you are. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Self-love is not equal to selfishness. One must learn what makes them happy before they expect someone else to bring happiness into their life. Most relationships fail because we are forever waiting to be complete through them. The only person that was designed to complete you is Christ, so find him first. Your partner is meant to complement you. You need to fall hopelessly in love with yourself before you let anyone define what love is for you. Work hard to provide for your needs because it is only through your ability to take care of yourself that taking care of others overflows. The reason I love myself is not because I'm selfish but I have learnt the hard way that putting your happiness in the custody of another human being is not a good idea. Calm my heart Lord, for it is deceitful and is always getting me in trouble, my daily prayer. The heart never chooses who to love so guard my heart that it does not land in the wrong place. Well love might or might not exist where you think it absolutely should be. It is also important to note that your love for anyone might not necessarily mean you must stay with them. There is nothing wrong with loving someone but turning anyone into an idol is not acceptable to God. We believe love is worth fighting for so we stay in the company of those who hurt us. Well if love for another is love for ourselves overflowing then being alone is better than being with the wrong company. Always remember you cannot make anyone love you and neither do you need a miracle to make love work for it is natural energy. Unfortunately when we love someone we automatically switch to thinking we cannot live without them. Mostly we have reduced love to a mare product of our imagination and society expectation. We mostly see what we have been fed by society as the ideal love story. "And they lived happily ever after ". So we stick to the miserable thereafter as long as it is an ever after. The ideal love story of acceptance, forgiveness is more beautiful if you are not in love alone. So I say if he/she doesn't love you back, run!!! True love comes when it wants to. Maybe love is not meant for the selfish, faint hearted; maybe the foolishness of love is quite often in the one experiencing it. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with being alone but there is everything wrong with being lonely.

5 comments:

khulumbo said...

Wow nice, ,nothing but the reality. I like it

Unknown said...

there is nothing wrong in being alone but there is everything wrong with being lonely! wow!

Sana said...

Thanks Jimmy

Sana said...

Thanks Fred

Anonymous said...

"there is nothing wrong with being alone but there is everything wrong with being lonely"
A lesson learnt indeed